We will always discuss costs with you from the outset, you will never receive a surprise bill from this firm. Achieving the best result for you is paramount. As a general guide we charge £250 an hour plus VAT or a fixed fee can be agreed. We may also offer a damages-based agreement for some cases. All funding options are explored, discussed and agreed with a client before we commence work on a case.

No case is identical and we will always ensure that we go the extra mile. To save costs, help you resolve matters at the earliest possible opportunity.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) requires some additional information to be published on a law firms website for certain types of work (should a firm undertake such work). This firm does undertake debt recovery work up to £100,000 (which is one of the categories that the SRA requires firms to publish information about general costs on the firms website) and so below is the relevant information:

Costs Information (for a debt recovery case of up to £100,000):

(a) the total cost of the service or, where not practicable, the average cost or range of costs;
Answer - typical cost £5,000 - £20,000 plus VAT but costs can be outside of that range depending on complexity of case and the amount of work involved (eg/ number of Court hearings, if any);

(b) the basis for your charges, including any hourly rates or fixed fees;
Answer - general hourly rate of £250 plus VAT. Fixed fees can be offered and will be dependent on the amount of work required which can only be established once we view the primary documents for the case (this may be something as simple as a letter from a solicitors office) and have a initial discussion with a potential client;

(c) the experience and qualifications of anyone carrying out the work, and of their supervisors;
Answer - generally the fee earner will be Mr Steve Brookes (supervision by Mr Altaf Hussain) but other fee earners may be used by this firm (if so details will be provided to the client in advance of any change). Details of our directors are on this website under the tab 'Leaders';

(d) a description of, and the cost of, any likely disbursements, and where the actual cost of a disbursement is not known, the average cost or range of costs;
Answer - generally litigation will involve a Court fee (set by HMCTS which changes on a regular basis but current Court can be found here: Make a court claim for money: Court fees - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)) if a formal claim in Court is issued, another likely disbursement will be Counsel's fee if required (and this will vary greatly depending on the use of counsel), any other disbursements are likely to be case-specific and will be discussed with the client in advance of any case commencing;

(e) whether any fees or disbursements attract VAT and if so the amount of VAT they attract;
Answer - VAT being due will be disbursement-specific and any disbursements (and the potential for VAT upon those disbursements) will be discussed with the client in advance of any case commencing;

(f) details of what services are included in the price displayed, including the key stages of the matter and likely timescales for each stage, and details of any services that might reasonably be expected to be included in the price displayed but are not; and
Answer - litigation cases will involve the full range of services from initial advice, to drafting a claim form/particulars of claim/defence to representation at Court. Time scales will differ from case-to-case until a claim is issued in Court and then the timetable is dictated by the Civil Procedure Rules (with the majority of cases being concluded within 6-18 months, however cases can be concluded outside of this 6-18 month range). More straight-forward and smaller debt recovery cases may be capable of being resolved without the need for formal Court action and may be capable of being resolved via negotiation within a matter of 4-12 weeks (typically);

(g) if you use conditional fee or damages based agreements, the circumstances in which clients may have to make any payments themselves for your services (including from any damages).
Answer - we do not offer CFA's, we occasionally offer DBA funding but this will be case-specific and will be discussed with the client in advance of any case commencing. Typically we would charge the client for initial advice and then may offer a DBA for any claim being issued in Court;


Rule 2.1 requires all firms to publish on their website details of
its complaints handling procedure
how and when a complaint can be made to the Legal Ombudsman
how and when a complaint can be made to the SRA

We strive to provide a quality service to all our clients. In the event of any concern about the services provided or the process that you are involved in and/or you wish to raise a formal complaint then please do not hesitate to contact Altaf Hussain at the office on 0121 213 4812. If the complaint relates to Mr Altaf Hussain then contact Mr Steve Brookes in the first instance. We shall respond to your complaint within four(4)weeks.

If you are not satisfied with this firm's response then you can escalate your complaint to either the Legal Ombudsman or the Solicitors Regulation Authority (depending on the nature of the complaint).

If your complaint relates to poor service (such as delayed or unclear communication, problems with a bill, loss of documents) then you should escalate your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. If you are not happy with our response to a complaint you must inform The Legal Ombudsman service within six (6) months of our final response. Notwithstanding the aforesaid, any complaint should raise with them no later than 12 months from when the problem first occurred, or from when you should reasonably have become aware of the problem otherwise the ombudsman may not be able to deal with your compliant. The Legal Ombudsman service can be contacted at PO BOX 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ, telephone 0300 555 033, www.legalombudsman.org.uk.

Should your complaint relate to matters that are around the Solicitors Code of Conduct (such as dishonesty, fraud and/or discrimination) and if you are not satisfied with our final response, then you can escalate your complaint to the SRA, this should be done as soon as is reasonably practicable after receipt of this firms final response (this website has a clickable link to the SRA website).

Scroll to Top